I could tell you all the things that went wrong today as the result of my own damn fault. But I’ll tell you three good things instead!
1. I returned library books for the first time in about 3-4 years. Fortunately the resulting fines were not, say, $1500, but a mere $10 overall. I also got my second, more modern library card. I’m very happy about that; I can wander the library without guilt, though it’s a little more crowded than when last I visited about 1.5 years ago.
2. I filled my pockets with Subterranean Press ebooks, all on sale!
3. I went out and it was pleasantly sunny and not too warm, not too cold. Yeah, kind of reaching, but it’s been that kind of day. >.<
I’ll try for extra credit:
4. I’m reading Good Omens with the wondrous ease that Pratchett’s and Gaiman’s prose can give me. (Pratchett more than Gaiman. Not that I can tell who wrote which parts.)
5. I read through the first volume of Kodansha’s translation of Sailor Moon. I think I like it. I do like Tuxedo Mask’s personality a bit better. I like how much faster the story moves here than in the anime.
6. I finally figured out the character arcs for both my main characters in Seal Tales. Unfortunately they may very well be at odds with each other. Ah, writing. So excitin’.
Thing I like about myself: sigh. Though it’s kinda useless to hate myself, so I won’t. If possible.
and so to bed.