Makes 1 cup (8oz) of cream cheez:
1 cup (5oz) raw cashews
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp water, plus additional as needed
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried dillweed
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Grind the cashews (in batches if necessary) in a food processor (I used my Ninja) until they form a slightly clumping powder.
2. Place the ground cashews, lemon juice, oil, salt, and 2 Tbsp of water in your blender (I still used my Ninja) and puree until very smooth, about 3-4 minutes (or 20 long pulses on the Ninja).
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (the herbs and spice) and blend until mixed.
4. Refrigerate overnight/24 hours preferably.
5. It may become quite too thick to spread, in which case you should mix in more water.
RESULT: DELICIOUSNESS. ON (gluten-free for me) BREAD, DIVINE.