Kate tagged me (well, all of AbsoluteWrite anyways) with this Christmas meme, so here I am, fulfilling it.
What ho, what ho….
The rules are thusly:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here we go.
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
If you are on my gift list, the most wrapping you might see would be if I asked Amazon to giftwrap your present for you before shipping it out. Otherwise, the wrapping would be that cardboard box with the happy A-to-Z smile on it.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Dude. Artificial. Real trees apparently have Christmas spiders and all sorts of other ungood properties and consequences. Pre-lit artificial trees rule hard.
3. When do you put up the tree?
I’m hoping to go to the store today and see if they have an artificial tree (pre-lit for preference) marked down. In which case, December 23rd. Otherwise, NAN.
4. When do you take the tree down?
I haven’t gotten a tree yet. So I will substitute a friend’s answer: July.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I think I had a lame version back in high school, which I thought just cloggy and sweet, and then an unlame version in college, which gave me a serious headache the next day. So no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Never got one. But if I were a kid again, I would definitely vote for books.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope. Can it be made out of chocolate?
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hah, easy. “Going home.”
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I don’t get them. I don’t send them.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I recall Christmas movies being much less objectionable as a child. Probably now it’s the DVD disc containing the Granada adaptation of The Blue Carbuncle, a Sherlock Holmes story actually set in Christmas time.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I’m on the Amazon Prime program. I finished shopping three hours ago.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Roasted chestnuts. I have them on a semi-regular basis, though; they’re not a strictly Christmas thing for me.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I’d go for colored if possible.
Maybe I’ll get one of those fiber optic Christmas trees instead. But it’d have to be marked way down.
14. Favorite Christmas song?
I kind of hate them all with equal spite, actually. But if pressed, I will go with either Silent Night or Emmanuel.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Stay at home. Or at least, around the area. Visiting other people’s places is still what I do.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Yes. Because I have access to all-mighty Google. What Google knows, I know!
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. I was always disturbed by how people rammed the tree point up an angel’s skirt. That seems wrong somehow.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Whatever my hosts want to do. I’m cool. They’re British so there’s a chance it won’t be ’til Boxing Day, but it’s highly unlikely.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Christmas store music, Christmas radio music, and carolers. I want to stab them all. In the eye. With a rusty iron poker. From Target.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
If I had a tree, that would be very much “no”.
21. What do you leave for Santa?
Seeing as I knew from the start that Santa wasn’t real, and if Christmas magic were really real I wouldn’t have grown up where I did and how I did, I don’t leave anything.
22. Least favorite holiday song?
There are many contenders, but it has to be “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”. It’s being sung over here en force in the Pacific Northwest. My next twenty iPods for an army of Apple iRobots armed with rusty Target pokers.
23. Favorite ornament?
Little angels playing instruments. I don’t know why.
Seeing as Kate has tagged all of AW, and the people I know that I would tag with this meme all live in AW, I declare my work done.