What I’ve been working on:
- Move the Sherlock Holmes stuff to its own blog so I can focus it appropriately. I have material planned, but not all of it is writerly type stuff.
- Move my Fiction off to its own blog so I can focus it appropriately, and I can feel better about updating it without drowning out the writing technique “signal” on Sd.
- Do quite a lot of more fine-grained re-categorization of the remaining Sd material.
- “Life” stuff will remain, in its own little category while the writing category diversifies.
- If Reviews or Blogging really start to break the “it’s about writing” focus (and they already sort of do, a bit), I will start looking for places to guest-post or submit those particular articles.
- As a result of the above, I should be able to refocus Spontaneous Derivation as a writer’s resource.
When all the shaking gets done… which won’t be for a couple weeks… I hope to get each site focused like a laser. That means more article series like Writing on the Stage, more resource articles like 6 Word Meters and Trackers for the Word-Count Obsessed, and more one-offs like Writing and the Mysterious, Nebulous, Fickle Audience.
And lowering the noise ratio by a LOT.