In real life, my friends all know me for my complete lack of directional sense. I’ve been known to get lost in a place I’ve lived in for years, as well as regularly getting lost at the place where I work. On the same floor even. It’s not a big floor, even.
But I do map my world! It’s just not a map that’s real.
Here’s how I think of my world:
- Where I work is the Grey Havens.
- I live on Tol Eressëa.
- At Alqualondë there is a very posh casino.
- There are nice pasta places, I suppose, at Formenos but otherwise not much is there. Good views, though.
- It’s getting harder and harder for me to reach Valmar, which unfortunately has fallen to malls, but then again, it’s nice to know where there’s a Target. It’s quite a long drive, and Tol Eressëa is just nice.
- I keep forgetting where the land of Ungoliant (Shelob’s mommy) is. Which is just as well.