I’ve been thinking about this question for a while. I used to advertise this as a blog where topics are determined by the roll of a d20 (a 20-sided die), but I never kept up on that. So I’ve wondered what I can fill my d20 with.
Of course, there are some nice characteristics of a d20 to begin with: to wit, that it can be used to represent multiple “round” probabilities. I can divide it so that its a d10, a d5, a d4, even a d2. It’s not much good with multiples of three though.
So for now, I’ve decided to divide the d20 into parts such that:
- 1/2 will be about games (1-10)
- 1/4 will be reviews and/or what I’m watching or reading currently (11-15)
- 1/10 will be about life (16-17)
- 1/10 will be writings (poetry and flash fiction) or about writing (18-19)
- 1/20 will be about food (20)
And I think the first roll occurs tomorrow.